It was back to reality for Stephen Harris in the Tipster Challenge, as the bettingexpert horse racing guru backed up his flying 29.50-point start by returning just 0.57 in the second week at York.
However, Steven Mullington, the second guest in the Betting Gods sponsored competition, fared slightly better with a second race win on Battered (4/1) for a total of 4.57 points.
Mullington, the lead horse racing writer for 888sport, enters the leaderboard in second place, 2.57 points ahead of ODDSbible Brand Partnerships Manager, Alex Donohue.
Race Winners at York:
- Master Carpenter – 12/1
- Al Qahwa – 25/1
- Tasleet – 14/1
- Shutter Speed – 4/7
- Battered – 4/1
- Santry – 9/4
- Zain Arion – 20/1
Tipster Challenge 2017 Leaderboard
|2||Steven Mullington – 888sport||2||4.57|
|3||Alex Donohue – ODDSbible||1||2.00|
- bettingexpert and a rotation of guests will be providing expert tips for a specific Wednesday race meet.
- We will keep record of points won each week and the number of race wins for each.
- The guests will compete individually, with their points going up against the average total for bettingexpert.
- The new tips will be published on Wednesday ahead of the race meet, and the results will be available on Thursday.
- For the competition, we will assume that all selections are backed with 1 point.
- Lost tips will count as 0 and won bets will be added to the leaderboard at SP value.
- Each tipster will get a ‘Nap of the Day’ each week which scores double points.
- For example, if bettingexpert’s Stephen Harris backs a winning horse at 8/1, he will get 8 points; if he has put this horse forward as his ‘Nap of the Day’, the reward is 16 points.